Re: last change in Makefile in utilities/.../po

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 05:43:14PM +0300, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> Are you sure it's a good idea?  For example, the file C.po gives an error right
> away.

Are you speaking of:
C.po: msgfmt: C.po: warning: Charset "CHARSET" is not a portable encoding
name. Message conversion to user's charset might not work.
?
This message is appropriate. We should put ASCII or what ever as charset,
even in C.po.

Or are you speaking of:
trim-mo C.mo C.mo > C.trm
/bin/sh: trim-mo: command not found
(which, I suspect reveal some inconsistance of my CVS ;)

> If you remove fuzzy flag for the header in all files, those headers will
> result in volume increase..

That's not true. msgfmt knows about these headers and don't put them in the
compiled mo file.

msgfmt fr.po -o -|wc -c
with fuzzied header: 163740
without: 163740

I've had a look at the makefile, the po files don't seem to be proceceed by
any other tool than msgfmt. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Bye, Mt.

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.