Re: Stale Documentation: ethernet cards

lloyder@canada.com writes:

> Hell Chris et all,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> O, and don't worry I am not one to say `we should...'
> without doing the `how do I...'.  I have a # of bug
> reports prepared based on
> http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install
> , I am waiting to be able to submit them the debian
> way.

Please don't.  Review the 3.0 install manual.  If you are testing and
wanting to contribute, you should be using the woody boot-floppies.
There's manuals that are there too, or use the 'install-docs' package
for whatever arch you care about.

In short, we are not working on the 2.2 documentation anymore.

> Based on your request, I will be trying potato from
> scratch.

Use woody, not potato.

> http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks
> -i386/current/doc/install.en.html
> is exactly what I was looking for, so that I could
> submit my bug reports verses all applicable streams.

Ah, huh, now I'm confused because that should be the woody (3.0.x)
docs, which is a much better document to be critiquing.