Re: framebuffer debian logo with whiptail

"filter@arabia.com" <filter@arabia.com> writes:

> I did a quick hack this afternoon to ppmtofb and whiptail. It's
> embarassing code and recommend no one works off it - but it
> demonstrates quite nicely what I think would go well on the debian
> bootfloppies.
>
> It's for vga16 framebuffers, and displays a 320x64 "Debian" logo up
> on the top left of the screen when whiptail is displayed.

Is this when the welcome screen pops up in dbootstrap?

> Anyone have an opinion?
>
> http://www.murrell.co.nz/~bogan/debian/

That URL doesn't work.

I'd be happy to do this (i386 only I guess) if it is robust and
doesn't take up too much space -- I guess it would have to be i386
only?  I would need to see a patch to current CVS sources however.