Re: Stale Documentation: ethernet cards

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 08:40:30PM -0800, lloyder@canada.com wrote:

> It is absolutely amazing how well so many resources
> can dance around a detailed, relevant explaination.
> I am particularly disappointed in the Debian Install
> Manual -- as this is by the team that I want to
> play for!

[...]

> "What exactly is your problem?"  You likely ask, I am
> very close to semi-enlightenment now.  I will try my
> own hand before I bring it completely to you all.
> I feel the information presented above is a far more
> important issue.

We'd like to know not only what problems you ran into with the procedure,
but also exactly what problems you ran into with the documentation.

We did a major overhaul on the install manuals for woody, if you have a
chance it would be great if you could also try a woody install using that,
and give feedback. Of course specific feedback on the potato manual is also
welcome.

Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For PowerPC:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/doc/install.en.html

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |