Re: 3.0.16 for testing (debootstrap esp!)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 07:42:36PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 05:34:28PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > I don't really need more i386 testing on my 3.0.16 -- other arches,
> > please go ahead though.
> m68k build at: http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
I have a handful of little problems with this version on m68k:

Install operating system modules and drivers
-> partition on harddisk
   select partition with the install files
   ->  mounting
On console 3 I get: dbootstrap exited. scheduling it for restart
And I get back to the start menu.

In the next try, I can select already mounted partition since instmmnt is
still mounted and the modules are installed properly.

By mistake I selected dhcp (I have no DCHP server running).
-> the network has been successfully installed
which is impossible, installing base fails:
 debootstrap: malformed release
But even when I configure the network correctly, installing the base via the
network fails with the same error. Hmm, this is new...

Christian