debian-installer status

David Kimdon <David_Kimdon@alumni.hmc.edu> writes:

> Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 11:27:34AM -0700 wrote:
> > Mos tof the debian-installer code hasn't been touched for like 7 months
> > apparently.  At least when looking at cvs.debian.org.
> > Is there anything fresher to work with anywhere ?
> >
> that is it, we've all been working on boot-floppies.  It would be great
> to get debian-installer going again, I have dreams of having it an
> alternative to boot-floppies for advanced users (i.e. users who don't
> mind if the install fails :-) )

I must say, I am a little suprised that Joey Hess hasn't been touching
this at all.  I don't see any reason why work on this cannot proceed
(although I think it shouldn't detract from getting woody out).

I had spoken to Joey Hess and he had agreed to head the effort,
although in the face of his quiesence here and no work going on since
like Februrary, I wonder if this is still the case?

All I know is that I'm bowing outta here after woody release (well,
I'll do some work continuing to maintain I'm sure) so I can get back
to documentation and SGML issues.