Re: Can a rescue floppy load some modules before the installer starts?

No, I had a report of a brand PC without both the legacy interface and the legacy emulation, and that the official Debian 2.2 CD did not boot. They appears to have just made the PC for Windows only, not for other OSs.

Maybe the BIOS on such a machine hides the hardware difference well so that most legacy programs can get input from the USB keyboard through the modified BIOS. Any direct keyboard hardware access is possibly no longer supported on such a machine.

Eduard Bloch wrote:

Wait, wait, don't the modern BIOSes have emulation mode for common
legacy hardware? I cannot believe they would abolish all the support for
non-USB-aware operating systems, this would make all the stuff like boot
managers and required DOS tools unuseable.

--
"Free software is not for free."
Kaz Sasayama <Kaz.Sasayama@HyperLinuxJP.com>; Screen Name: kazssym