Re:Re: installation hangs

Sorry by i dont arrive to the packet
instalation. The promt that i am talking
about is the vga promt where you select
things like the keyboard type or the system
name, and where you mount /. I dont arrive
to see any of this prompts.

thnx anycase

>From : "ramsubs" <ramsubs@pd.jaring.my>

installation
| > hangs. The exact moment when it does it
is
| > just before iam prompted first time with a
| > grafical menu. My grafical device is a
| > Hercules kiro II 4500.
| >
| > Is posible to install debian without any
| > grafical prompt??
| >
| > Sorry my english and thnx un advance
| >
| > dontxxi
| >

| you didn't provide much information on
what are the packages you installed.
| anyway, here goes...
|
| from my memory of the install process, the
first time the install starts,
| the installer installs the base system that
consists of kernel stuff,
| drivers and all.
| then it reboots to run off your hard disk.
this is when it preselects
| certain packages to install, while asking
you whether you want to use the
| SIMPLE or ADVANCED options to install
extra packages. if you choose SIMPLE
| you will find a whole list of task items that
you can select. (if you don't
| select any now and continue installation,
you can do the same later. to do
| it later, type tasksel in the shell (text
mode).
| if in SIMPLE installation you do not choose
any of the graphical options
| i.e. task x-windows(complete), or task x-
windows(core components), then you
| won't have the graphical prompt (X
windows) you talked of.