Re: Where O where is my basedebs.tgz?

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:54:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:53:15PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > i tend to think CD installation is the only possible option in these
> > > circumstances, unfortunatly debootstrap copies files from the CD to
> > > /var/cache instead of just using them directly.  (that could and
> > > should be fixed).
> >
> > Actually, the CD isn't accessible from within the chroot, so the .debs
> > aren't either unless they're copied in advance.
>
> is there any reason we could not simply mount the CD on /target/cdrom
> instead of /instmnt?  or will that bork things up when base-files is
> extracted?  even if thats so we could just mount it on /target/instmnt
> and remove that directory as part of configure-base.c.

Sounds reasonable to me (and much better than mount --bind). Until all
references are cleaned we could softlink /target/instmnt to /instmnt?
That's a list of all source files related to it:

utilities/dbootstrap/bootconfig.c
utilities/dbootstrap/choose_medium.c
utilities/dbootstrap/extract_kernel.c

Kind regards,
Jens

--
ruehmkorf at informatik dot uni hyphen koeln dot de