lib reduction trouble on i386

Hello,

did anyone built the bfs on i386 (unstable environment)? I noticed a
strang thing, trying to build 3.0.14 and the current CVS: the library
reduction is not effective anymore. For example, libc has >> 1.1MB (but
600..800kB in previous builts). libm is not reduced at all, ld-linux has
~90%, libext2fs ~85%. Still too big. What happens? I doubt the problem
is caused by the included packages, but a component in the build system.
I tried mklibs.sh and .py, both acts as usuall, but the result is
disappointing.

I: library reduction pass 1
547 symbols, 547 unresolved
I: library reduction pass 2
622 symbols, 43 unresolved
I: library reduction pass 3
622 symbols, 0 unresolved

But whatever I do, it is allways the same:

I: copying root area into loop filesystem
tar: ./usr/sbin/pnpdump: Wrote only 2560 of 10240 bytes
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: ./var: Cannot mkdir: No space left on device
tar: ./var/dhcp: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/log: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/log/messages: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/run: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/state: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/state/pcmcia: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/state/pcmcia/scheme: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: ./var/tmp: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: ./release_notes: Wrote only 0 of 10240 bytes
tar: ./type.txt: Wrote only 0 of 10240 bytes
E: ./rootdisk.sh abort
make[1]: *** [rootreiserfs.bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/bfs'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
> [Microsoft wirbt:] "Ein offenes Betriebssystem kann schon mal mutieren."
Mutieren tun vor allem MS-proprietäre Dateiformate.