Compact 3.0.14 + PCMCIA

	[I messed up and sent this first to debian-testing.]
On a rickety Digital Hinote II with a 3Com Etherlink III (3C589C) PCMCIA NIC ... The initial install with the rescue+root+drivers-1+http went very well except that after the first reboot, the system did not automatically bring up the NIC to continue system installation. Popping over to another virtual console and giving it an /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart brought the NIC back up with the correct config fed to install previous to reboot and I was able to resume the system install.