Re: [patch] changing default keyboard layout

Hello,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 05:09:12PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I don't understand what you are doing with this patch.  AFAICT, it's
> going to suppress the "select a keyboard step" *either* if the
> bootargs has a keyboard, or if the KBD define is present when
> debootstrap is built (and that is now passed thru from the top level
> 'config' file).
>
> Is that correct?
Yes. I use this patch to make custom french installations for our organization,
where all keyboards are "azerty". When I read the top level 'config', I
found this variable, "KBD", but it was not used. So, I have made this little
patch to have a default layout and to suppress the keyboard configuration (in
the default questions).

> If so, I would like to mod the patch to *not* enable setting KBD by
> default, since I don't know what would be the benefit of suppressing
> this question during install...
This was to make "custom" CDs, with little interaction.

> Also, the patch had a number of problems based on the fact that you
> left French defines.  I attach a corrected version of it.
Yes, but to get the default behavior, KBD must be unset in 'config', else the
dboostrap won't ask the keyboard.

Regards,
--
Samy PERSEHAIE - VIRTUAL-NET http://www.virtual-net.fr
    80, avenue des Buttes de Coesmes - 35700 RENNES