Installation loop because of a 53c810 SCSI adapter

Hello!

I'm trying to install Debian 2.2.17 on a PC with a Comtrade SCSI host
adapter which is based on NCR/LSI 53c810 chip but I got stuck in an
endless loop of the following messages:

SCSI host 0 abort (pid0) timed out ? resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
ncr53c8xx_reset: pid=0 reset_flags=2 serial_number=XX
serial_number_at_timeout=XX

Where XX begins with 0 and get incremented.

(Is it possible to catch these to a file)

The messages I've been able to find in the archives point to kinds of
solutions:
1) boot with parameters ?sym53c8xx=safe:y? or ?sym53c8xx=mpar:n?
2) ?Remove sym53c8xx from the kernel and make ncr53c8xx default?

I've already tried both parameter's without any changes so I'd like to
try the 2 kind but I unfortunately don't know how so I beg someone to be
kind enough to teach me.
Also please tell me if I'm following a wrong way.

Thanks in advance,
Jone