Re: Installing on a Compaq Proliant DL360

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:54:13PM +0100, Nathan Warren wrote:
> Hello all.....
>
> I hope someone can help me here as I am really eager to get a Debian box up
> and running......
>
> I am using a Compaq Proliant DL360, which has 2 x SCSI hard disks which are
> managed by an 'Integrated Smart Array Controller' which allows for RAID 0
> and 1
>
> When I attempt to install Debian ( version 2.2r3) it stops with the error
> message 'unable to mount root fs on 01:00'
>
> Can anyone help me here ?? Or does Debian not run on this type of box ???

Debian runs really well on these boxes. You need the compact set of boot
floppies. Grab the root and rescue disks from below.

<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/>

The install manual is here.
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install>

I usually build these boxes with just the root and rescue disks and
install everything else off the net.

Best of luck,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>