Re: Installation under Hercules?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 09:32:15PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > I just replaced the kernel with the one from kernel-image-2.4.7-s390, and
> > now it seems to be working.  So as long as the next release of s390
> > boot-floppies uses kernel 2.4.7, it should be fine.

Yes, boot-floppies will use 2.4.7 for s390 in the next release. Maybe
IBM will release s390 patches for newer kernels before woody gets released,
so we can switch to them.

> It looks like I spoke too soon.  After formatting something over 148
> cylinders, it oopsed again:

We can't reproduce this on real hardware: Both 2.4.5 and 2.4.7 work fine
there: I also formatted soms DASDs with these kernels without any problems
at all.

> illegal operation: 0001

Very strange, but this looks like a bug in Hercules to me.

--
Stefan Gybas