Re: build failure on ia32

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:31:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> > Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> writes:
> >
> > > Is this an error we will ignore today?
> >
> > Oh, we should fix it.  Bump up the size.  I wonder what is causing the
> > bloat...?
>
> Sorry, wrong answer.  We can't bump up the size.
>
> Somehow the root.bin is a lot bigger than it used to be.  Even
> compressed root.bin doesn't fit for root1200.bin.

same thing on powerpc, though i can't explain powerpc i can explain
i386.

from SMALL_BASE_LIST_i386:

sbin/mkreiserfs
sbin/reiserfsck
sbin/resize_reiserfs

reiserfsck is something like 180k, resize_reiserfs is 80, and
mkreiserfs is 80.  all you need is mkfs, the fsck and resize should be
removed.

> <aph@auric:images-1.20> gunzip -tvv root.bin
> root.bin:
> gunzip: root.bin: unexpected end of file
>
> I guess it's been broken for  a while.

this won't happen anymore since i added a check to see if the regular
root image is larger then the floppy sized image that gets created
(regardless of what size floppy).  now the build will fail and whoever
is building will have to deal with it or not release.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/