Re: Build problem for Alpha bootdisks

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 11:29:14AM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 07:18:57PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> >
> > > Including Alphas?
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > But didn't someone mention this was a sysvinit bug which was getting
> > fixed?
> I've file #107286 against sysvinit, but I'm not sure that this is
> sysvinit's fault. Cant' we remove the confilct of e2fsprogs-bd against
> e2fsprogs and make sure e2fsprogs-bd really isn't installable(e.g. in
> the preinst)?

why does e2fsprogs-bf even need to conflict with e2fsprogs or be
uninstallable at all? why not just install all of its binaries/libs in
say /usr/lib/e2fsprogs-bf/{bin,sbin,lib}

we could just add a kludge to boot-floppies to move the files into the
correct locations.  boot-floppies is full of cruft anyway and is EOL
so whats a bit more cruft...

after boot-floppies goes away this package can too since the correct
way to do this kind of package is a .udeb.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/