Re: problem with dhcp-client

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 01:06:27PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> It didn't work with boot-floppies, see bts#94176. In addition to i386,
> it didn't work on -- you guessed it -- powerpc (my motivation to add

not true, pump worked fine on potato boot-floppies, both i386 and
powerpc.

there are just a few servers that pump won't work with for whatever
reason.

> dhcp-client support). Actually, dhcp-client works fine on my powerpc
> box using a dhcp host. The problems appears to be bootp related, but
> I'm sure Ethan will fill you in.

i only test with bootp. it works in potato, not in woody.

> As for switching between pump and dhcp-client, just change the extract
> files accordingly -- dbootstrap should support whichever it finds.
>
> Both of these packages seem to have annoying, long-standing bugs
> associated with them.

such as dhcp-client's broken initscript that must be removed if it is
to stay in woody's base...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/