Re: creating base.tgz

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 12:08:57PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written a script to create base.tgz for diskless package.
> It just runs debootstrap and runs tar.
>
> What do guys think about this?

perhaps it would be prudent to merge that with my script to build
basedebs tarballs.

you can find my current version at http://penguinppc.org/~eb/files

there are a couple changes i am probably going to make to make it more
polished one of these days, ill probably add rootfilesystem tarball
support to it as well.

i don't know how aj feels about including such a script in the
debootstrap package, or whether it should be packaged separatly or
simply not at all.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/