Re: installing potato on a dinosaurus ;-)

* Mickaël

| Today, i've got a new ARCHAIC i486SX notebook with only 8 MB of RAM I
| would turn into a network diag station using Potato.
| Great, that's ok ... but the installation help mention clearly the need
| of 12 MB of RAM ! I've tried to install it, ignoring this, but I've some
| problem when the kernel tries to free some memory pages (it complains
| ever and ever, installing is then impossible).

I've run into this problem myself, when installing on similar
hardware.  What I ended up doing was taking a complete installation
from some other box, and tar-ing out the base.tgz by hand.  Then you
have to delete /sbin/unconfigured.sh and fix some other small things
(timezone, for instance), by hand.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
You Can't Win