Re: Install Report II (The Revenge; bf 3.0.7 (beta); Acer Laptop; floppy/basedebs)

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 04:14:19PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> So, switched to VC2, set my http_proxy, cd'ed into /target to get some
> disk space, and ran:
> 	wget http://penguinppc.org/~eb/debian/i386/basedebs.tgz
> Then ran:
> 	debootstrap --download-only --arch i386 \
> 		--unpack-tarball /target/basedebs.tgz \
> 		woody /target null:
> and got told:
> 	E: /pool/main/r/rp-pppoe/pppoe_3.0-2_i386.deb was not pre-downloaded
> so the basedebs tarball is missing pppoe atm. Tsk tsk. Ran:
> 	debootstrap --download-only --arch i386 woody /target \
> 		http://my.debian.mirror/pub/debian
> which downloaded pppoe for me and finished successfully.

did you upgrade debootstrap again?  im using it to build these
tarballs.. ah i see, i forgot to upgrade it to .15 these tarballs will
be fixed in the next cron run...

> Still looking good. If someone can fix basedebs.tgz to include pppoe,
> we're well on our way to supporting all our installation methods except
> pcmcia.

basedebs.tgz contents is 100% controlled by debootstrap.  ill upgrade
debootstrap on penguinppc.org so this will be fixed. (those tarballs
are updated daily in a cron job).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/