RE: RAID and the installer

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but the compact flavor boot floppy supports
several RAID controllers including the DAC960 (Mylex). (We are talking i386,
right?)

>From 5.2 Choosing the Right Installation Set of the installation guide
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html>.

`compact'
    ... Finally, `compact' also supports several common
    RAID controllers: DAC960, and Compaq's SMART2 RAID controllers. The
`compact'
    flavor includes one Rescue Floppy, one root and one driver disk.

I've installed several servers which have nothing but hardware RAID with no
problems (except BTS#88226 which is long since fixed and was easily worked
around).

Now if you're hardware isn't supported by one of the boot floppy flavors, then
yes I think you're in trouble.

Stephen