Re: PPC boot-floppy building

>You aren't really making yourself clear.

>What is the error you got?

>What is the diff between the standard apt.preferences and
>the one you are using.

In the interests of clarity ....

The error was as follows:

Package console-data has no available version, but exists in the database. This
typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never
uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of
sources.list.

I believe this was caused because console-data was in unstable, but not testing
and I had unstable pinned so that I can only explicitly download from unstable
(e.g., apt-get -d install console-data/unstable).

/etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=testing,o=Debian
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable,o=Debian
Pin-Priority: -10

The preferences file I'm using for boot-floppies as provided by my patch is
non-existent.

The patch you applied fixes this problem

Thanks,

Stephen