Re: PPC boot-floppy building

>Stephen_R_Marenka@raytheon.com writes:

>> Hmmm. My patch to common.sh which fixes a conflict with
>>apt-get preferences was
>> screwy. Here's what it should have been. Sorry.

>Um, before I apply this, two questions:

> why do you need the preferences?  What features does it
>afford the
> boot-floppies builder?

I have a default preferences file which allows me to live in testing, but still
apt-get things from unstable. While building bf, I was getting an error along
the lines of "the file is in the list but I can't get it." When I moved my
preferences file, that problem went away. I think this is a more elegant fix and
doesn't require me to change my normal system.

> how does the system react if preferences are not set or
>the file not
> found?  It would seem to puke.. do you have a suggested
> 'preferences.apt' ?

Since apt-get doesn't come with a default preferences file, I would expect it to
work fine when no such file exists. Indeed, that's what happens on my system.

Thanks,

Stephen