Re: patch to fix debootstrap invocation on local archive

> > >       * interactivity -- "please insert the 5th base-system floppy"
> > I was hoping debootstrap would be able to do its job without any interaction.
> > As currently written we can't handle interactivity, though I could change that
> > if it is desired.  We aren't supporting base system on floppies,  unless someone
> > really wants to.
>
> We've supported the base system on floppies up until potato; I'd like
> to continue it.
okay, I'm with you, some people don't have access to a network, a pile of
floppies is a nice thing to fall back on.

> How about I make a debootstrap that directs dpkg's output to stderr,
> prefaces all the informative stuff to stdout with an I:, and ends with
> error code 1 after printing E: something, all iff the first arg is
> "--boot-floppies"? That can be extended later to have P: lines for
> percentages or whatever too, if desired.

sounds good, I'll work on interfacing with that, probably I'll be able to this
weekend.  Maybe look into splitting up the bases system onto floppies too.