Re: Booting to floppy

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> I have installed (on i386) potato (r0 i think) from CD, and this is exactly
> how it works. it gets the linux file and the modules.tar.gz to get the
> modules.

No, that's wishful thinking.  See choose_medium.c:

  char kernel_image_path[PATH_MAX+1] = "images-1.44/rescue.bin";

It really is not going to be all that hard to fix this for Woody --
the logic is simple.  If we're installing the kernel from floppies,
use the rescue disk; otherwise, use the vmlinuz file (or whatever)
appropriate for your subarch or flavor.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>