Re: patch to fix debootstrap invocation on local archive

> Yes, this needs fixing. How should boot-floppies and debootstrap interact?
>
> Possible interactions are:
>
> 	* failures/success (duh)

Yes, with some well defined exit codes so we can take appropriate
action in dbootstrap if possible.

> 	* progress -- how much has downloaded (x%), what's happening
> 	  (I: installing essential packages), etc

I'm not sure yet.  I would guess a nice little % bar with an area
beneath it showing what it's currently doing ...

> 	* interactivity -- "please insert the 5th base-system floppy"
>
> I'm happy to do just about anything on the debootstrap end for this;
> what's convenient for boot-floppies? Calling a program, displaying the
> slang stuff "myself", using a named pipe, using stdio?

Probably using the slang stuff.  Are you internationalized?  We will
probably end up linking all slang stuff with the slang-wide libs
(IIRC).

We need to think of using this for both boot-floppies and
debian-installer.  However, we don't include debconf on the root
filesystem.  I would imagine a straight slang interface is best.

I would also suggest, if possible, different verbosity.  We have
'debug' (does more syslogging), and orgthagonal to that, verbose,
normal, and quiet modes.  We can pass this to you as a switch,
probably either a -q or a -v switch.

Sorry if you already implemented some or all of this and I haven't
noticied.  I haven't had a chance to look over the code yet.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>