Re: cvs commit to boot-floppies by dwhedon

On Tue Apr 10, 2001 at 01:44:02AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:
>
> > You shouldn't need to create /dev/log, since syslogd does that itself.
> > I usually do a 'touch /var/log/messages' before starting tail, just
> > to be sure it doesn't give that message.  As for why syslogd isn't
> > starting up -- no idea.  If you don't find I can take a look.
>
> It's not starting up because syslogd thinks it support -K argument (in
> the getopt line) but in fact it doesn't.  And we're using the '-K'
> argument.
>
> I'm going to remove that argument for now.  What did it used to do?  I
> wonder if we need it.

There was a time when 'syslogd -K' spawned klogd.  In recent versions of
busybox, klogd is now its own applet.  So the -K argument should go, and you
should probably also start up klogd as well now to get the same effect.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com