suggested method for building woody floppies?

thanks to the informative error messages, i have determined that the
shared library problem was due to the fact that i was trying to build
the boot-floppies on a woody system, while the boot disks were pulling
down unstable .deb's.

the libc versions were different, which was causing the problem. i
cleaned the build tree, cleaned the archive cache, rem'd out the
unstable deb URI iin the sources.list, and it failed to get
console-data.

so should we get the console-data from unstable, and put it in the local
cache, or should we be building in an unstable chroot?

-john