Re: Impressions on using the debian potato installation Cds

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@kimo.com.tw> writes:

> >> some grammar errors: 'make linux bootable hard disk'
>
> Adam> Where?
>
> I was hoping you could do a string search for it.  It is in one of the
> first files the new user sees upon running the installation.

Oh, you must mean: 'Make Linux Bootable Directly From Hard Disk'.
Missing definite article.  Also, really crappy crappy instructions
there.

Fixed for woody, here's the patch I applied, edited for readability:

- bufT = _("You will either boot Linux from a floppy disk, or you will
                have it boot from the hard disk when your system is
                turned on.  Please select \"Next\" to make Linux
                bootable the hard disk, select \"Alternate\" to make a
                boot floppy, or select \"Alternate1\" to reboot the
                system.");

- bufN = _("Make Linux Bootable Directly From Hard Disk");

+ bufT = _("Generally, you will want your system to boot from the hard
            disk when your system is turned on.  Select \"Next\" to
            modify your hard disk so that the system is bootable
            directly from it.  If you don't want to modify your disk's
            boot area (for instance, you have another operating system
            installed which you want to keep around), select
            \"Alternate\" to make a floppy to boot from.  Finally, if
            you have other means to boot from (such as the network),
            select \"Alternate1\" to simply reboot the system.");

+ bufN = _("Make System Bootable");

Hope it fits!

We could definately use more rewording work like this, absolutely.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>