Re: stuff I could do

On Sat Feb 24, 2001 at 10:27:14PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:

> > - use busybox.deb from woody, remove utilities/busybox altogether
> >   Erik Andersee promised to help
>
> It's Erik Andersen. I can do this if he is busy with other stuff. I created
> the original busybox, although it is much bigger now than my contribution.

I'm still on this.  I've been a bit busy which has delayed the 0.50 release
about a week, but I am expecting to release busybox 0.50 tomorrow (Monday,
February 26).  This release is looking pretty good so far.  Packages will be
in incoming by tomorrow afternoon, unless any really nasty bugs pop up.

BTW, if anybody has a moment, it would be great if folks could double check the
list of applets that will be compiled into the .deb (which will be used by the
boot floppies) and the .udeb (used by the debian installer).
    http://oss.lineo.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/debian/Config.h-deb
    http://oss.lineo.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/debian/Config.h-udeb

> I can also help him with netkit-tiny if necessary.

Actually, we had some discussions on the busybox mailing list, and pretty much
everybody decided that splitting though out to a separate netkit-tiny was going
to be a bad thing, so netkit-tiny is in the process of dying.  It will be
offically dead with busybox 0.50, which now subsumes all netkit-tiny applets.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com