Re: Simple Partition

rob21@linuxfreemail.com writes:

> How about simple and custom partition options. Custom would use cfdisk.
>
> Some ideas for simple partition:
> Ask user which disk if more than one disk detected.
> No more user input.
> It creates swap 64 MB and / of 3 GB (or 4 GB)
> It aborts if free space not found.

That would seem a bit too simple.  I would imagine the following:

 - determine size of swap, at least 64MB, but up to 128MB if disk is >
   2GB

 - use the rest of the disk for one big fat partition

I find for most end-users on non-server machines, one big fat
partition is the best thing for them.

Is anyone volunteering to code this up?  If not, it probably won't
happen.

> The user can resize the partition later using GNU parted.
> When resize is available in boot floppies, free space can be created
> instead of aborting the simple partition.

Yah -- I wish we could include partd in the boot-floppies -- is that
packaged.