Re: reiserfs woody commits

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 03:00:55PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
> > i have been working on integrating reiserfs support into the
> > boot-floppies.
> >
> > it was suggested to me to make reiserfs a module, suitable for use with
> > initrd, instead of yes another flavour.
> >
> > i am personally opposed to making yet another flavour, because that adds
> > more complications to the end user (further confusion as to which boot
> > disks to grab)
>
> Here here!

don't ``here here!'' so soon: currently, they are ``yet another
flavour'' :(

unless someone can assure me that the 2.2.18 kernels *will* have
the reiserfs patches applied by default, so they will stay too.

> > i am quite uncertain how to go about placing the patches into the main
> > CVS tree, but i will worry about that one a bit later.
>
> You can commit them to the woody branch at your discretion.

thank you; i have the woody branch checked out now.

> > some areas to be worked on:
> > 	when making a reiserfs partition, there is no badblock scan, and
> > 	the user must answer yes to the mkreiserfs program (no --force
> > 	option)
>
> Is it possible to get a bug filed on mkreseiserfs so that it works
> better in this "scripted" context?

that's a good idea. i'll see if i can patch it, and submit with the bug
report.

-john