Re: udpkg wierdness

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 08:55:11PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > I tried udpkg -r findutils and the following are the changes it made to
> > /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> > Its it supposed to work on post-installed systems ?
> >

> I guess not, it screwed my system too. Gotta run it only within a chroot
> env.

I think the problem is in status_merge or status_read which effects all
functions provided by udpkg.

The problem appears to be that sometimes the Status field of the a
package is using the Status field of the previous package.

I dont know why the problem only appears in the packages i listed
previously.

Glenn