Re: install.en.txt document format suggestion

jaalto@cs.tpu.fi writes:

> [preserve CC, I'm not in this list]
>
> I'm new to debian and I was just starting to read the installation
> document. Concerning this document:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.txt
>
> Would you be interested if I converted this text to so called TF
> (Technical Format), which is nothing more than a little more clear
> plain text layout. Once upon a time I wrote tool to convert such
> pages very easily to nice looking HTML and I still use it actively.

Well, of course, you can do what you like.  The documentation is under
a free license.

We're not interested in providing any such format, however, since I
can't build that automatically.  I update those pages from stuff built
from CVS every 2 weeks or so.  Thus, if the pages aren't built along
with the rest from the boot-floppies documentation makefiles, then
we're not interested in adding it, since it will quickly be out of
date.