Re: woody install (powerpc)

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 09:04:25AM -0500, Richard D'Addio wrote:
> aplogies if this is a known issue or dup (or the wrong list).
>
> Note: woody install on powerpc.
>
> dpkg reports a "Segmentation fault" when it tries to install
> "base-passwd" during its running of "update-passwd" (this wreaks havoc
> on finishing post install).
>
> i (re)downloaded the "base passwd" file a second time to ensure that
> there was no corruption, but this did not help.

That must have been what happened to me! I couldn't track it down,
but what happened was when I re-logged in to the system, it wouldn't
accept the passwords I had entered in the dialogs previously. I had to
erase them in /etc/passwd using the installer. I do remember seeing
something about base-passwd.

Please file a bug, including the relevant versions of the packages
and boot-floppies.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |