Re: Problems with initrd and boot modules

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 12:18:09PM +1300, Mark van Walraven wrote:
>I can't speak for initrd.debinstall, but did you try the 'compact'
>flavour of the boot floppies?  That should have worked without needing
>to load the cpqarray module and the installed system should have booted
>from lilo without an initrd.

Yes the compact floppies did work.  However, it seems like the script
to create initrd.debinstall is not working, and I felt like it ought to
be documented.

I can imagine a scenario where I might want access to a module that is
in the standard boot floppies, but not in the compact boot floppies.
So it would be important, in that case, if I could depend on the install
to create a working initrd.

But of course, I've solved my problem.  I only wanted to document it in
case the boot-floppy folks weren't aware of it.

Just tryin' to be helpful.
Cheers,
- Mark