Usage of /usr/doc in Debian installation manual

Hi,

I was translating the Debian installation manual to brazilian portuguese
(pt_BR) and noticed that around the line 360 of the welcome.sgml file,
under the section "About Copyrights and Software Licenses", the original
english text says that you cand found information regarding copyrights
and license information by looking at /usr/doc/<package-name>/copyright.

AFAIK, the most FHS compliant path would be /usr/share/doc instead of
/usr/doc and almost all of the packages I have installed here installs
documentation under /usr/share/doc.

Couldn't this be changed in the original documentation to reflect
/usr/share/doc path instead of the actual one ?

Sorry if I'm completely wrong and if this topic was already discussed
earlier.

--
André Luís Lopes
Utah Linuxcenter