preliminary i18n report

dbootstrap not crashing anymore -- we still need to tighten up
slang/newt pic checks -- test to see if we can enable the libnewt*-pic
package.

we have 8 languages -- can we squeeze more on certain images?  How to
handle this?

  - lang chooser wide message box too wide due to japanese
    (both english and japanese message here -- why?)

  - wide lang chooser message box doesn't go away

  - installing from mounted still doesn't work right,
    "/instmnt" carrying in which breaks stuff

  - the fullscreen_execlog (sp?) stuff still isn't *really* clearing
    the screen!

 - still getting /target/sbin/modconf: cannot create : directory non-existing

CRITICAL:

 - installing base not working
   selected language as german
   ... installing base, set URL to http://zeus.kernel.org/debian
   error: "Malformed release file"
   nothing at all (!) on tty4
   try again with http://http.us.debian.org/debian
   dbootstrap crashed!  Process '/sbin/udbootstrap' (pid 53) exited