Re: cvs commit to boot-floppies by jaqque

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 04:59:53PM -0800, Debian Boot CVS Master wrote:

> fixed the EXTACT_LIST and SMALL_BASE_LIST to support varying
> flavours within an architecture
>
> required for reiserfs and udma100-ext3

as a secondary effect, rootreiserfs.bin and rootudma100-ext3.bin are now
both too large to fit on a 1.44M floppy.

i can make rootreiserfs.bin fit by removing reiserfsck and
resize_reiserfs, but this severly limits the use of the rescue disk

-rw-r--r--    1 root     src       1475798 Dec 11 18:09 rootreiserfs.bin
(that is with resize_reiserfs, but reiserfsck missing)

a mere 1238 over quota.  does anyone have any ideas what we can do, to
at least save resize_reiserfs? i want to save that one, because i can
imagine someone using the rescue disk to resize their root partition,
instead of simply booting to single user mode. if we can't do it, we
can't do it.  the flavour will still work.

reiserfsck is simply way too large (182172 bytes) to try and save, and
reiserfs journals, so no need to fsck anyway, right? ;)

-john