Re: Release-notes

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:00:10PM +0100, Claus Hindsgaul wrote:
> Chris Tilman wrote
> >So I think the current cvs version is actually pretty up-to-date. It
> >still needs the list of renamed and split packages, and anything else
> >needed along those lines, and some better review for potential gotchas
> >people should know about. But it's in fairly good shape otherwise.
>
> Yes, I noticed a massive commit to release-notes from you. You say, that it
> is up-to-date. Would you judges it mature enough to initiate translations at
> this point? It should be a minor job to cut'n'paste the package lists later
> on.
>
> --
> Claus Hindsgaul
> claus_h@image.dk (PGP-n?gle: http://www.image.dk/~claus_h/PGP.htm )

Well, it's been reviewed by a few people but I get the feeling not
nearly as many as it should. All I did was massage what was there, I
didn't add much content.

Here's one way of looking at it: If a half dozen translators take a
crack at translating it, that will be a half dozen more reviews.

I just think there are some more gotchas laying around out there for
people, like the linux keycodes powerpc gotcha (for which I added a
link).

Also, the powers that be are getting pretty firm about getting this
baby released, and it takes some time to do translations, of course.

My opinion is that we should start translations, and translators
should also feed back any comments they have about missing stuff.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |