Re: forget LANG_CHOOSER for 3.0.18 (was Re: 3.0.18 testing)

In message <[🔎] 20011210120724.GQ10666@alcor.net>, Matt Zimmerman writes:
>On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:07:01AM +0000, pb@nexus.co.uk wrote:
>
>> In message <[🔎] oaelm321xc.fsf_-_@arroz.onshored.com>, Adam Di Carlo writes:
>> >This seems like a reasonable set of stuff for i18n builds, but it causes
>> >the segmentation faults.  I got a static strace on the rootdisks and this
>> >is the strace ending:
>>
>> Yes, something is _still_ going wrong with libnewt.  I don't understand
>> what, yet, but I'm looking at it.
>>
>> I'd expect that libnewt.so on the root disk should be exactly the same as
>> /usr/lib/libnewt.so on my build system (in absence of library reduction)
>> yet this is not the case.  And if I copy the one from the host into the
>> root image, the segfault goes away.
>
>Did you check whether they are actually different?  My system's libnewt.so
>has exactly the same md5sum as the one on root.bin.

Yes, they had different file sizes.  But I can't figure out how that
happened and I'm beginning to suspect that maybe I got some files mixed
up along the way.  I ran a new build with debugging turned on mklibs.py
and verified that it wasn't attempting to reduce libnewt, but I haven't
attempted to run the resulting binaries yet.  I'm also completely baffled
by Eduard's mail where he says that installing libnewt-utf8-pic made the
difference.

p.