What is IPL ?

Hello,

I'm the french translator of dbootstrap, and I can't translate what I don't
understand, so I have to ask it here :

What does the following messages mean ?

#: bootconfig.c:1555
msgid "Running ZIPL to make the kernel able to IPL from the DASD..."

#: bootconfig.c:2582
msgid ""
"ZIPL could not be installed. You are not able to IPL this Linux system right "
"now. Please see the log file and manually repair the problem."

Don't you think it would be an improvement to redo these sentences in a more
understandable way ? ;)

Bye, Mt.
PS: I lag a bit behind the CVS, so I'm sorry if it was already solved...

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.