RE: Boot failed

I know you're all very busy.  This is very low priority to me, so
answer only when things slow down -- if you have an answer(:>

After an off-list discussion with Adam, I'm trying to work around by
rescue.bin boot problem (don't know if it is a bonafide bug, yet) by
booting from a raw kernel image on /dev/fd0.  I started by dd'ing
linux from the rescue.bin, but it doesn't work.  If I build a kernel
on another system and dd that one to /dev/fd0, it gets past bootup
into debootstrap.

Why is there a difference?

Back to the linux image from rescue.bin.  I looks like the system is
Then it starts print_all'ing the following:

AX: 0212
BX: 7000  [or whatever]
CX: 5001  [oops blew right past the last cylinder]
DX: 0000
0400      [obviously, given the above.]

The square brackets are my editorial.  To my untrained eye, the
syssize test at line 240 of bootsect.S is not working.  Is the
bootsect_kludge turned off for linux in rescue.bin?

I should be able to boot the kernel image from rescue.bin, shouldn't
I?

TIA
Rob