Re: Flashing screen with cvs bootdisks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:46:15PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:

> i am rebuilding, after a make distclean (not sure what that is going to
> buy me, other than a lot more network usage, as .deb's get downloaded)

same error.

i even tried the root.bin version. i verified that /etc/messages.trm
exists.

(note: after you gunzip the image, and mount it, make sure you mount
proc also. esp. if you are on serial console / ssh. otherwise i am
assuming that all display is sent to the first VC. i ended up having to
kill the linuxrc process, which rebooted the whole system.  whups!)

any idea where to start looking for the problem? i'm not very i18n
aware.

-john