Re: Bad install with SCSI (sym53c8xx - no hard drive found)

Hi,

I didn't try that (thanks), but when I do the problem persists.  The
console output has now changed to (copied by hand, so maybe odd
errors):

[...]
scsi: <fdomain> Detection failed (no card)
NCR53c406a: no available ports found
sym53c416.c: Version 1.0.0
sym53c8xx: setup=disc:n,specf:0,ultra:0,tags:0,sync:255,burst:255,wide:n,diff:1,revprob:n,buschk:0x1
sym53c8xx: setup=mpar:n,spar:y,fsn=n,verb:2,debug:0x0,led:n,settle:10,irqm:0x1,nvram:0x1,pcifix:0x0
Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
IBM MCA SCSI: No microchannel-bus support present -> Aborting.
megaraid: v107 (December 22, 1999)
aec671x_detect:
3w-xxxx: tw_findcards(): No cards found.
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
[...]

I don't understand all that, but could those sym53c8xx params be
wrong?  The disks and controller are (wide) Ultra3 (afaik).  Does the
SCSI bios need altering?  As I said earlier, the machine boots RH OK
with the same bios settings (not trying to push RH down your throat,
it's just evidence that the BIOS might be OK :-)

Thanks for you help (and sorry for not reading the help on that
initial screen - I know how annoying it is when users miss the obvious
feature put there to help them...).

Andrew