swim3 problems reading root disk on 9500 and PowerBase 150

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a floppy hardware incompatibility.

I've burned three different root.bin floppies, and they all run fine
on my usual PowerBase 180 machine.

On the other two machines, the hfs floppy always boots up fine, no
evident errors. Then after inserting the root floppy, I get errors
like:

swim3: expected cyl 30, got 29
swim3: expected cyl 30, got 31
swim3: expected cyl 40, got 39
swim3: expected cyl 40, got 41
swim3: expected cyl 48, got 47
swim3: expected cyl 48, got 49
swim3: expected cyl 48, got 47
swim3: expected cyl 48, got 49

The numbers of which cylinders it's having problems with stay the same
when I re-insert the same root.bin floppy on the same machine, but
when I insert it on a different machine, they change. It seems like
there's something just a little marginal about the swim3 driver? But
it's repeatable, let me know if there's something I can try.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |