Re: patch for compaqs cciss blockdevice (boot-floppies-potato)

"Christian Kagerhuber" <c.kagerhuber@t-online.net> writes:

> in order to run debian 2.2rev3 out-of-the-box on a
> brand new compaq dl380r2 i patched the boot-floppies.
> now dbootstrap knows cciss-blockdevice and i seems to work
> for me. i patched the length of the osrelease cause we
> make heavyly use of EXTRAVERSION in kernel-Makefile.
> patch:
> http://home3.t-online.de/home/c.kagerhuber/boot-floppies.patch.bz2
> patch applies against potato.
> would be nice to see the patch in the future in the unstable tree?
>
> christian
>
> p.s.: to get things work for cciss you must build your own kernel
>       with cciss-patch.1.0.4 and put it on the rescue-disk. or use
> 			a disk with cciss-module in bootdir.

No, you need to first get the kernel-images in Debian to incorporate
this patch, and then we can apply whatever needs to be applied on the
boot-floppies.

Bear in mind that we're in freeze and I'm kinda taking a dim view to
new ffeatures and such at this point.