Re: LVM-Bootdisk

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:39:19AM +0100, Erik Tews wrote:
> I am currently a little bit experimentating with installing debian
> directly into lvm. Theory is not so difficult, and it works with a lot
> of handwork during the installation-process. One of the main problems is

I made some private modifications to dbootstrap, adding a 'manual' option
to the 'select partition' menus for "Initialize a Linux Partition" and
"Mount a Previously-Initialized Partition".  These allow the user to
type in the path to the block device to be initialised/mounted when the
device is not known by dbootstrap, as in the case of LVM logical volumes
and MD devices.

I was going to abandon them (because I didn't think they would be
accepted into the Woody boot-floppies), but will share them if anyone
is interested.

> But for beeing able to install a system into lvm, I need a kernel with
> LVM-support. So I need some documentation how I can build a bootdisk
> with a customized kernel. I now got the kernel in /usr/src/linux and
> making a kernel-image with make-kpkg works. Where can I now find the
> steps which are needed to create a set of boot-floppies for this kernel?

Did you get my earlier email?

Regards,

Mark.