Re: boot-floppies: updated i386 and powerpc versions

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 04:44:43PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I've built and uploaded updated versions of boot-floppies 3.0.16
> prerelease at
> <URL:http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/>. These
> were built last night from the new debootstrap (now in unstable) and
> should fix the base installation problems people were hitting on i386
> before.
> The most critical thing that we need feedback on is busybox/powerpc
> issues.

worked fine on powerpc for me. (bootp network config, NFS install of
kernel and modules, http install of base)

the debootstrap progress dialog still sucks though, it stops on
`extracting whiptail...' and never changes until debootstrap finishes
and then the box is popped.   users will no doubt think something is
br0ke and do drastic things to make it broken.

Ethan Benson